The Council of Juvenile Justice Administrators (CJJA) was awarded grant funding through OJJDP to develop and implement the Emergency Planning Technical Assistance Program.
Technical Assistance Program Description: Under this program, up to six states, tribes, jurisdictions or facilities are selected to receive technical assistance and support on emergency planning. More specifically, each site/jurisdiction will include:
- A review and feedback of the site’s current emergency preparedness plans;
- Determination of the steps to be taken to align the site’s plan with the key principles and recommendations with OJJDP’s Emergency Planning for Juvenile Justice Residential
Facilities, with consideration of the unique requirements and needs of the site;
- A timeline and oversight of milestones for plan development;
- Virtual training and technical assistance, including facilitated “community” calls to allow for peer-to-peer sharing across sites.
- An in-person site visit to provide additional support and technical assistance; and
- Review of finalized emergency plans developed through EP TA Program.
Through participation in the TA program, sites will:
- Receive an assessment of their existing emergency plan;
- Develop a comprehensive emergency plan that aligns with the principles of Emergency Planning for Juvenile Justice Residential Facilities; and
- Receive copies of the training materials that can be used for further training and expansion of emergency plans within or across the State, tribe, or other jurisdictions or peer facilities.
Key Dates and Additional Information: Applications will be accepted in March 2024. The anticipated timeline for these training activities will be between April 2024 and March 2025 with sites having a comprehensive plan developed for final review and comment by May 2025.
- Interested sites are requested to send an e-mail with application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application is due March 1, 2024.