CJJA is inviting you to apply for the Facility Director/Superintendent Training to be held January 2022 (provisional approval).
A preview of the agenda includes:
- Best Practice and Evidence-Based Approaches in Detention and Commitment
- Strategies to Reduce Racial/Ethnic Disparities in Facilities
- Applied Leadership and Managing for Results
- Workforce Strategies to Recruit and Sustain High-Performance
- Positive Youth Development Approaches to Improve Short and Long-term Outcomes
- Maintaining Safety and Emergency Preparedness
- Opportunities for Networking, Team Building and Jurisdictional Planning
Jurisdictions may apply to have between one (1) and three (3) individuals participate in the TTA program; teams may not exceed three (3) individuals. To be considered, participants must serve in a facility director/superintendent (or deputy director/superintendent) role and be committed to the entire 6-month training and technical assistance (TTA) program including webinars and coaching calls. Upon successful completion, of both the virtual attendance and TTA/webinar participation, attendees will receive a certificate of completion for the training.
Monthly coaching calls will occur between February – July 2022.
Facility leadership who operate juvenile justice and detention facilities—whether at the county or state level, or within tribal communities—are encouraged to apply. See Request for Applications for more details.
Interested jurisdictions must email a completed application no later than COB Friday, December 17, 2021 to Natalie Walker firstname.lastname@example.org. Please direct all questions regarding this program to Natalie Walker at email@example.com. We look forward to your application!