CJJA has received provisional approval to release applications to invite you to apply for the Superintendent’s Training tentatively scheduled on January 12-15, 2021 in Columbus, Ohio.
A preview of the agenda includes:
- Best Practice and Evidence-Based Approaches in Detention and Commitment
- Strategies to Reduce Racial/Ethnic Disparities in Facilities
- Applied Leadership and Managing for Results
- Workforce Strategies to Recruit and Sustain High-Performance
- Positive Youth Development Approaches to Improve Short and Long-term Outcomes
- Maintaining Safety and Emergency Preparedness
- Opportunities for Networking, Team Building and Jurisdictional Planning
Jurisdictions may apply to send between one (1) and three (3) individuals to participate in the TTA program; teams may not exceed three (3) individuals. To be considered, participants must serve in a facility director/superintendent role and be committed to the full program of in-person training and a 6-month TTA/webinar series. Upon successful completion, of both the conference attendance and TTA/webinar participation, attendees will receive a certificate of completion for the training.
Facility leadership who operate juvenile correctional and detention facilities—whether at the county or state level, or within tribal communities—are encouraged to apply. See Request for Applications for more details.
Interested jurisdictions must email a completed application no later than COB Friday, November 13, 2020 and send to Charity Brenstuhl at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please direct all questions regarding this program to Stephanie Vetter at email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you in Columbus!