Emergency Planning and Technical Assistance
The American Institutes of Research (AIR) and CJJA were awarded grant funding through OJJDP to cooperatively develop and implement the Emergency Planning Technical Assistance Program.
TA Program Description: Under this program, there will be a selection of up to four states, tribes, jurisdictions or facilities to receive technical assistance and support on emergency planning. More specifically, each site/jurisdiction will include:
- A review and feedback of the site’s current emergency preparedness plans;
- Determination of the steps to be taken to align the site’s plan with the key principles and recommendations with OJJDP’s Emergency Planning for Juvenile Justice Residential
Facilities, with consideration of the unique requirements and needs of the site;
- A timeline and oversight of milestones for plan development;
- An in-person 2-day training event held onsite at selected jurisdictions
- An in-person site visit to provide additional support and technical assistance; and
- Virtual TA (webinars) and facilitated “community” calls to allow for peer-to-peer sharing across sites.
Site Outcomes: Through participation in the TA program, sites will:
(1) receive an assessment of their existing emergency plan;
(2) develop a comprehensive emergency plan that aligns with the principles of Emergency Planning for Juvenile Justice Residential Facilities; and
(3) receive copies of the training materials that can be used for further training and expansion of emergency plans within or across the State, tribe, or other jurisdictions or peer facilities.
Key Dates and Additional Information: The anticipated timeline for these training activities will be between October 2020 and June 2021, with sites having a comprehensive plan developed for final review and comment by September 15, 2021.
- Interested sites are requested to send an e-mail Notification of Intent to respond to the application to email@example.com by July 28, 2020. Subject line must read: EP Application Notification of Intent
- All applications are due by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on August 21, 2020. Applications may be delivered via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application Subject Line must read: EP Application 2020
For questions or assistance with any other requirements of the application, please call Simon Gonsoulin at 225-955-5182 or send an e-mail to email@example.com. All sites will be notified the week of September 4th, 2020 of their acceptance into the Emergency Planning and Technical Assistance Program.